Tuesday, April 6, 2010

rachel's first blood drive! & stripes + dots.

happy tuesday!

today marked a special day in my life. what on earth could happen on a day such as a typical april tuesday?

today was the first day i donated blood.

all in all, it was a good experience. i was pretty frightened at first, but getting through it made me feel much stronger. some of the questions (to see if i could give or not) the nurse asked me, though, were kinda hilarious. "have you ever had sexual contact with a prostitute?" "have you ever had sexual contact with a man who had sex with another man after 1977?" "have you ever been given money for drugs or sex?" i understand why they ask those questions; i just thought it funny. also, who would fess up to that, anyway? (the first & last)

about an hour after i gave, however, i was sitting in class and started feeling light-headed, weak, and while everyone else said the classroom was freezing, i felt like it was 90 degrees. but my teacher was very understanding; my friend bought me a cold water and i took a short nap. i was still a little weak after that spell; i ended up taking an hour nap when i came home. but in the end, i'm very happy i did it & will do it again. i mean, saving three lives with a measly pint of my blood? who couldn't pass that up?

but enough of my rambling. outfit time! mixed magnificence.



blue&white striped shirt is ralph lauren, paint-splatter-dot dress is roxy, shoes are from target.



you can see the stripes of my shirt better here.
pearl cluster earrings & faux pearl bracelet & gold grecian bracelet were gifts.


so, readers, tell me. have you ever given blood before? if so, how was your experience? also, opnions on outfit are greatly appreciated!

with love,
rachel. <3

3 comments:

  1. i love the outfit! mixing patterns is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my veins were prominent enough to easily give blood. Last time they took my blood for regular testing, they had to stick me 7 times before finally finding a vein. It's a horrible experience every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tabitha: thanks! mixing patterns is quite fun, but sometimes it's a tricky business.

    cody: dang, that sucks. =/ the red cross nurses were extremely good with me; they hurt less than regular bloodwork, and that needle is wayyyy bigger. haha.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting! i hold each one dear to my heart. :)
(p.s. i'll check out your blog, too!)