Monday, April 5, 2010

music!monday -- i'm still pretending i'm not a fool.

hey dears!

goodness, mondays always seem like the longest days of the week, huh? mine has been rather tiring; tons of homework, errands to run, etc. i walked 2.5 miles at the park today, though, so that felt rather lovely. but enough of my rambling: it's music!monday!

today's post will be focused on one of my favorite songs of all time. i don't think this song will ever lose meaning to me. what's this song, you ask? "kingdom" by dave gahan. (this is where the blog-title comes from.)

official music video! CLICK!

the above link is one i recommend DEFINITELY! the studio version is absolutely mystifying.



live-version. :) i know some of the harmonies get wonky, but it's still an excellent song.

and the lyrics:

can you feel me coming?
open the door it's only me.
i have that desperate feeling.
in trouble is where i'm going to be.

i know you hear me knocking,
so open the door and set me free.

if there's a kingdom beyond it all,
is there a god who loves us all?
do we believe in love at all?
i'm still pretending i'm not a fool.

so in your infinite wisdom
show me how this life should be.
all your love and glory
doesn't mean that much to me.

if there's a kingdom beyond it all,
is there a god who loves us all?
do we believe in love at all?
i'm still pretending i'm not a fool.

and on that note...

with love,
rachel. <3

2 comments:

  1. Cool song Rach!!! And yes mondays are HORRID!!! xD nicely done!!


    -Jonas =D

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting! i hold each one dear to my heart. :)
(p.s. i'll check out your blog, too!)