Monday, March 1, 2010

music!monday -- happy six month anniversary, 9/1/09 depeche mode concert!

hey darlings~

(i've been abusing the '~' lately, haven't i? i don't even know what it's called; i just like it. xDD)
happy march! maybe spring will be here soon, that would make me so happy!

today is my SIX MONTH anniversary of going to see depeche mode in atlanta. ah, september 1, 2009, you will be one of my most favorite days ever.

in celebration of such a monumental occasion (okay, i'm being slightly sarcastic), this music!monday is devoted to the one&only, DEPECHE MODE! :)


OH MY GOODNESS, ALAN PERFORMED WITH DM AT THE ROYAL ALBERT HALL BENEFIT?! IN 2010?!
how did i not know this? ohmygoodness! (i just found this, btw.) this is SO GREAT!
super!fan freaking out aside, i adore this song; it's such a beautiful love song. whenever i get really really sappy, i imagine martin, i mean alan, i mean my husband singing this to me whenever we get married or some shit like that. xD
... i can't believe i just admitted that. anyways.


walking in my shoes. this is one of the best dm songs ever made, and has some of the strongest lyrics martin's ever written. it's so sensual and "i don't give a fuck what you say because you don't have a clue."
definitely one of my favorite songs. definitely.

"now I'm not looking for absolution:
forgiveness for the things i do.
but before you come to any conclusions,
try walking in my shoes.

you'll stumble in my footsteps,
keep the same appointments i kept,
if you try walking in my shoes.
try walking in my shoes."


personal jesus. studio version. CHECK THIS OUT NOW.

hello, this song is pure sex. pure, uncensored, sensual, amazingness.
this is probably the most famous dm song -- at least, in the US. this vid is actually pretty current; it's from 2006. saying as this song is from 1990... haha.

so, my dears, i hope you enjoy these videos! my obsession with depeche mode & it's beautiful members (past & present) is pretty obvious, as it should be! tell me what you think~

with love!
rachel. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you so much for commenting! i hold each one dear to my heart. :)
(p.s. i'll check out your blog, too!)