Thursday, February 18, 2010

recap: all-state band tryouts. & prepster purple+khakis.

hey dolls!

oh my goodness, what a whirlwind of a week it has been!

we had all-state band tryouts on tuesday. they were... emotional, to say the least. my audition was decent -- my scales were okay, even though i had to play my c scale an octave higher than i'm used to. my prepared pieces were GREAT, if i say so myself -- something just came over me & i've never played the first two that fast or that well in the entirety of me playing them. my third piece was as good as i could have hoped for. but the sightreading... it broke me. i sounded like a fool. in fact, i walked out of that room almost crying. it was so humiliating, especially because i've been working so hard on that!

fast forward to the posting of the chairs -- and more importantly, who made all-state. we were sitting by a table near where they post the results. everytime a paper came, i'd run to the other side of the table, worried sick. there wasn't a chance i had made it, i was sure. however, they posted the flutes, i ran to the other side of the table, and i hear my friend sam say, "OHMYGOD, RACHEL, YOU MADE IT! BLUE BAND!"

i collapsed in the floor, crying on sam's shoulder. i was so amazed and so relieved. nothing beats that feeling of accomplishing that. absolutely nothing.

i ended up making 5th chair district, which means that from our district, i'm the first blue band flute. it's exactly what i made last year. haha. however, this means i have to choose between all-state band and all-state choir. but, honestly, there's really no choice -- i have to do band. it's so much more rewarding because i'm nowhere near as good at playing my flute as i am at singing.

but anyway, i'm pretty sure you're not too interested in all that rambling! i've got an outfit for you -- it's an old one, but i rather like it.



i feel like such a prepster in this outfit! haha. white shirt is generic, khakis are american eagle (and a bit baggy -- i'll have to look for a tighter fit). shoes are from goody's. purple&white scarf is from pac sun.



all bracelets were gifts. the three-layer sphere bracelet is navy, in case you can't tell.



purple shoes! my english teacher rather likes these, which i find quite endearing. i happen to love these shoes as well! they're kinda my trademark.



close up! yes, i'm such a narcisstic person. ;)

comment me dearies! even if it's just something small; i love feedback.

with love,
rachel. <3

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, but why must you always hide your face in the full body pics. D:< I know the outfit is the focus, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT as always Elizabeth!!! =D I enjoy your blogs very much! ^_^

    -Jonas

    ReplyDelete
  3. swiffy: thanks! it's easier to take the picture with the camera closer to my face, if you want the honest truth. and the outfit IS the focus, so i don't want the camera covering up the shirt or any accessories i'm wearing. one of these days i'd like to have a post where someone else can take the pic. xD

    jonas: aw, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. swiffy: p.s. that's why i always have a face close up! i'm far too egotistical. xD

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting! i hold each one dear to my heart. :)
(p.s. i'll check out your blog, too!)