Monday, February 8, 2010

music!monday -- classic rock: the who & steppenwolf.

hello there!

it's music!monday! turns out that all-state band tryouts were postponed... again. xD so i get to blog after all!

if you watched the super bowl this sunday, i'm sure you saw the who perform the halftime show -- which was pretty awesome, saying they are kinda old. xD so of course i'm going you give you a few of my favorites of the who! (i'll have to be honest, though, so far i've only listened to their mainstream stuff. you'll have to forgive me.)

and for the hell of it, BORN TO BE WILD. <3



although i can't embed the album version, i can give you the AMAZING WOODSTOCK VERSION. :D



baba o'riley. you know that song you can listen to and relate to over a timespan of years? this song is that song for me. it's my everlasting anthem.
i also love the little tape skips in this video, but i guess i'm kinda weird like that.



OMFG THIS SONG IS SO GREAT.
"like a true nature's child
we were born, born to be wild.
we can climb so high,
i never wanna die.
born to be wild."
how great are those lyrics? yeah, definitely one of my favorite songs. it always makes me feel like nothing could come close to stopping me. :D

so! readers, how do you feel about my selections this week? does classic rock suit you? (i will be honest, i can enjoy it, but it's overrated in my opinion. however, that doesn't stop these songs from being tremendously awesome.) comment me! :)

with love!
rachel. <3

5 comments:

  1. Nice blogg there Rach! I think i may register this as one of my daily check up sites!!! =D

    -Jonas

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, thanks jonas! you better! (juuuuust kidding. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classic rock ftw! Those are some good songs you posted. Baba O Riley will always be one of my favorite songs. I think My Generation seriously needs a remaster by now, though. It's had that rasp in it ever since the 60s, and it gets a little annoying. As for Steppenwolf, that's one of those songs that I've heard so many times that I will no longer listen to it intentionally. Doesn't stop it from being good though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. why thank you! :D i actually find the rasp a little endearing -- however, i like it when things hold on to their age. though my generation is definitely deserving of a remaster. ahaha, born to be wild is a bit overplayed, i agree.
    thanks for the comment! :D

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting! i hold each one dear to my heart. :)
(p.s. i'll check out your blog, too!)