Friday, May 7, 2010

rachel loves army jackets!

hey loves!

GOOD LORD, it's been a long time since my last [real] blog post! i am so sorry! life has just been such a whirlwind. schoolwork has been kicking my ass; my algebra 2 with trig grade is looking dismal (for me, anyway), spanish 2 is driving me insane, & for the past two weeks in english we've been working on the grade's first research paper. i've never written a research paper before -- i've written a research speech, but still -- and it seems that everyone expects me to know this stuff. thesis statement? source cards? uhm, i'm sorry: i'm not your teacher. but anyways, i didn't mean to get off on that rant...

the school's band & choir spring concerts are over, thank goodness; now i have two free periods! the choir concert went quite well; my voice kind of died afterwards, but it's all good. i had this sweet old lady walk up to me after the concert & say, "you just have the prettiest voice! you sound like a songbird." it made me glow. :) band concert... could have been better, but alas, it was still okay.

BUT ENOUGH OF LIFE. its terribly mundane. i don't have any outfits of my own to show, but i have a special obsession of mine...

ARMY JACKETS! <3


(pictures from who what wear)

army jackets are amazing. rough & tough & destroyed & everything i dream grunge. i love olivia palermo's take; i love belted things, and belted army jackets? yes please!
i've yet to own one of these, however. i found one in a local consignment shop; however it was a men's large, which reached my knees. still on the look-out!

(i also love army jackets for guys. just saying.)

i promise to be back sooner this time! i felt so bad neglecting my blog-child...
comment me please!

with love,
rachel. <3>

3 comments:

  1. you should've bought the men's jacket. only thing better than an army jacket would be an army jacket DRESS. just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but it was quite boxy... i held my arms out & it was like you could grab yards of fabric on both sides. xD otherwise i would have snatched it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's what belts are for!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for commenting! i hold each one dear to my heart. :)
(p.s. i'll check out your blog, too!)